Glen Canyon Dam has had major impacts on the Colorado River ecosystem in the Grand and Glen Canyons.
Future Research Interests
- How might a changing climate influence water policy, water resources, and water security?
- What are the potential impacts of changing precipitation patterns on flood frequency and magnitude?
- How can habitat restoration projects be designed to be more resilient to landscape or climatic changes?
- What are the hydrologic, geomorphic, ecological, and geochemical impacts associated with the construction or removal of dams?
- What factors (precipitation, temperature, etc.) are driving changes in flooding on the Yukon River in Alaska
- Are Rosgen geomorphic river classifications applicable in Alaska across all types of permafrost distribution (i.e. sporadic, discontinuous, or continuous)?
- How will driftwood availability in northern rivers change in response to increasing fire frequency, permafrost degradation, and changes in hydrology?
- Can large woody debris in rivers be quantified using remote sensing techniques?
- How can rivers, groundwater springs, and hydrologic processes (i.e. drought or flooding) be characterized using remote sensing techniques?